Saturday, May 23, 2009

and so it came to pass

Today was one of those days where you plan out everything that must be done and for the best part most of it did get done. I was awake early this morning, not sure why but the pig impersonation from the person next to me probably did not help. Got up at 7.30am before son left the house with his sister for a shopping trip to Southampton. If I tell him the ground rules before he leaves then I don't have to put up with an agitated daughter phoning up to ask me to talk to son who won't do as he is told.

We never did the weekly shop last night so we went this morning, done all the shopping and back home by 10-30am. Had a cup of tea and then out again looking for one of those items we could not get at the other shops, also spent some time looking at new ovens (one of the ovens in our cooker is dead and it to old to look at repairing), went in to a large national white goods store and they had 6 electric free standing hob\cookers, just 6, if you wanted a range cooker with 3 ovens and 9 gas burners you had a choice of over 12, am I missing something here? Just got to work out when we can afford to buy a new one

This afternoon we cut the grass and erected the gazebo, with the extra bonus this year that it has side panels. Mother in-law wrecked their gazebo last year so they past the side panels they had for their on to us. So now we have a blue and white striped gazebo with green and white striped side panels...............nice.

Sat in said gazebo watching the world go by until it was time to ignite the BBQ. Now I am normally quite good with the BBQ but tonight was naff, it lit and started ok but for some reason I could not get the cooking right, the stuff that takes time to cook was cooking to quick and the stuff that cooks quickly was not cooking, just could not get my act together. Eventually had all the food cooked off and sat down out side to eat it. Once I had finished eating I returned to sitting there watching the world go by when I heard the beep beep of a text message arriving on a mobile phone. This single thing reminded me of an anniversary (which I mentioned a few days ago) I would prefer to forget. I think the actual date is in a couple of days time but the fact was it was the bank holiday weekend. Until that mobile went off I had forgotten all about it, but it was a text message that set the ball rolling 5 days earlier. Well I can't change it so I might as well stop talking about it.

Tomorrow were taking our son out for his final birthday surprise, another early start and pack lunches to make as well, let just hope he enjoys it.

No comments:

Post a Comment