Monday, May 18, 2009

Birthdays and Anniversary


It was my son birthday today, a whole 9 years old (oh to be 9 again). He did not want a birthday party this year, he was happy just to have some sausage rolls and chocolate cake. He knew what his main present was going to be but it is not here yet. He is a large Pokemon fan and the latest game is not released for a couple of days but he knows we have pre-ordered it for him so it should be delivered by the weekend. He also got a couple of other games for his favourite toy a Nintendo DS (which was last years birthday present), along with some more Pokemon cards. He has also got a surprise present which he won't get until Sunday (it involves going to an event), he know nothing about it apart from it happens Sunday but as yet he has shown little interest in it. He more than happy with his other presents.

Yesterday was the anniversary of moving into our current house, 7 years ago we moved in. Moving in ended an unpleasant 12 months of trying to move. They say moving house is stressful, believe me it is very stressful when you have somebody trying to stop you from moving for no reason. I would of never believed that one old person could cause so much aggravation.

In a couple of weeks time another anniversary comes up, this is one that I would prefer to forget. But as I am quite often told, you can't change history you can only plan the future, well it maybe true but it does not make the passing of the anniversary any easier to cope with.

Then in just over 3 weeks time there another birthday to deal with, the wife's. Now if I want to live to see my next birthday I guess I better not forget this birthday. Not had any gentle hints yet but I guess I will get them soon enough, at least I hope so as I don't have any clues for her birthday at the moment.

Think I shall try to have a good day tomorrow as my past few bloggs have been a little depressive :(

No comments:

Post a Comment